Leslie Turner, CRM, CPRO, ERMp, IGpp, consults on best practices for public records management. She also conducts Records Assessments in preparation for “Scan and Toss” and adoption of an ECM system. Consulting services are done in accordance with the Standard for Records Management, ISO 15489 Part 1 and Part 2.
She was previously Program Specialist and Electronic Records Consultant to the Washington State Archives, (2006 – 2017). That department held authority records management of 187 state agencies, boards and commissions and 2500 units of local government. Ms. Turner was able to gain consensus to require DoD 5015.2 certification for ECM software (Enterprise Content Management). Before joining the Archives, Ms Turner was Public Records Manager for Department of Ecology. From 2004 thru 2006, she successfully processed 7,000 Public Disclosure requests from 12 western Washington Counties.
Within Washington State Public Records Administration, Ms. Turner is a proven performer, and:
- ‘Subject matter expert’ on electronic records management (email, social media, text messaging, evolving technologies and “scanning and tossing”);
- Provider of lively training sessions for hundreds of enterprises and individuals on basic concepts of Records Management, to in-depth study of public records administration, with targeted training on such diverse topics as “Digital Hoarding” and “Disaster Recovery” protocols, practices, and policies;
- Resource for development of individual Washington State Agency retention schedules, collaborating with local retention schedule specialist to make improvements to the Washington State Common Records Retention Schedule (CORE). Work included development of specific retention schedules for Public Utilities, and Law Enforcement agencies.
Mark Kifowit, MA conducts Records Assessments to prepare agencies for adoption of an ECM system. Most recently Director of Records Management for the WA State Office of OMWBE (2014 – 2018), Mr. Kifowit was the Public Disclosure Officer and Records Management Officer for WA State Dept. of Corrections (2012 – 2014). In these roles he created policies and procedures for public disclosures in response to Public Records Requests (PRR).
William Saffady, PhD performs top level analysis of information management policies and practices. As international expert and author of over 100 publications on information management, Dr. Saffady’s work examines the technical and resource requirements for Enterprise Content Management systems (ECM). Previously Professor of Library Sciences at Vanderbilt University, Dr. Saffady consults on Records Assessments projects and gap analysis.
- ‘Subject matter expert’ on electronic records management (email, social media, text messaging, and evolving technologies);
- Provider of training for hundreds of US and International Govt agencies and individuals on all aspects of public records administration, from basic concepts to in-depth facilitation and support;
- National and international resource for development of under-graduate and post-graduate college level education on records and information management.
- International author, developer and speaker on processes and de-facto standards for the management of vital information, in support of the baccalaureate and national certification programs for Library Sciences, Records Management, Privacy, Security and Risk.