Leslie Turner, CRM, CPRO, ERMp, IGpp, consults on best practices for records management and application of current Washington State legislation for records management. She also conducts Records Assessments in preparation for “Scan and Toss” and adoption of an ECM system. Records Assessments and consulting are done in accordance with the ISO 15489 International Standard for Records Management Part 1 and Part 2. Ms. Turner was previously Program Specialist and Electronic Records Management Consultant to the State of Washington Secretary of State, (2006 – 2017) for the Washington State Archives (authority over 187 state agencies, boards and commissions and 2500 units of local government). Before joining the Archives, Ms Turner was Public Records Manager for Department of Ecology, where she processed over 7,000 Public Disclosure requests for the 12 western Washington Counties (2004, 2005, and 2006). Within Washington State Public Records Administration, Ms. Turner is a proven performer, and:
- ‘Subject matter expert’ on electronic records management (email, social media, text messaging, evolving technologies and “scanning and tossing”);
- Provider of lively training sessions for hundreds of enterprises and individuals on basic concepts of Records Management, to in-depth study of public records administration, with targeted training on such diverse topics as “Digital Hoarding” and “Disaster Recovery” protocols, practices, and policies;
- Resource for development of individual Washington State Agency retention schedules, collaborating with local retention schedule specialist to make improvements to the Washington State Common Records Retention Schedule (CORE). Work included development of specific retention schedules for Public Utilities, and Law Enforcement agencies.
Mark Kifowit, MA consults on discovery processes and conducts Records Assessments in preparation for adoption of an ECM system. Most recently the Director of Records Management for the WA State Office of OMWBE (2014 – 2018), Mr. Kifowit was the Public Disclosure Officer and Records Management Officer for WA State Dept. of Corrections (2012 – 2014) where he created policies, training systems and procedures for the processing of public disclosures in response to Public Records Requests (PRR).
William Saffady, PhD performs top level analysis of information management policies and practices. As international expert and author of over 100 publications on information management, Dr. Saffady’s work examines the technical and resource requirements for Enterprise Content Management systems (ECM). Previously Professor of Library Sciences at Vanderbilt University, Dr. Saffady consults on Records Assessments projects and gap analysis.
- ‘Subject matter expert’ on electronic records management (email, social media, text messaging, and evolving technologies);
- Provider of training for hundreds of US and International Govt agencies and individuals on all aspects of public records administration, from basic concepts to in-depth facilitation and support;
- National and international resource for development of under-graduate and post-graduate college level education on records and information management.
- International author, developer and speaker on processes and de-facto standards for the management of vital information, in support of the baccalaureate and national certification programs for Library Sciences, Records Management, Privacy, Security and Risk.