Mark Kifowit, MA
- Joined FreeDoc® Consulting in 2019
- Director of Records Management, WA State OFFICE OF OMWBE, 2014 – 2018
- Public Disclosure Office, WA State DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS, 2012 – 2014
- Master of Arts – Library, Archives and Records Management, 2004
Mark Kifowit MA has nineteen years’ experience performing & administering Records Management policy, as well as Public Disclosure. Mr. Kifowit was a Public Disclosure Communications Consultant for the Washington State Department of Corrections (2012 thru 2014). In this position, he performed Public Disclosure in response to Public Records Requests (PRR). This was followed by a position performing advanced records manager duties as the Assistant Director of Policy for the Washington State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (2014 thru 2018). In this position, he started a records and information management (RIM) program, created records management policies and conducted systems and records management training for staff development and use.
Previously a Washington State Archives Consultant and Acquisitions Archivist, Mr. Kifowit’s Masters of Arts thesis publication was entitled Disaster Recovery in Times of War and Terrorism.
As a Records & Information Management Consultant at FreeDoc ®, Mark conducts Records Assessments and Records Inventories. He also provides clients with contract Records Management services. For development of processes in support of public disclosure for PRR, please contact us.
Records Assessments • On-call Records Management Services
Leslie Turner, CRM, CPRO, ERM, IG
- Joined FreeDoc® Consulting in 2017
- Program Specialist & Records Consultant, WA State Archives, 2006 – 2017
- Washington State Common Records Retention Schedule (CORE) consultant
- Public Records Manager, WA State Department of Ecology, 2002 – 2006
- Certified Records Manager
Ms. Turner is a Certified Records Manager and Certified Public Records Officer. She is also credentialed for Information Governance, and Enterprise Records Management. Ms. Turner has twenty years’ experience administering Records Management policy. Public Records Disclosure Officer for Department of Ecology, Records Management Consultant for Washington State Archives, Ms. Turner joined FreeDoc® Consulting in 2017.
Prior to Washington State Archives, Leslie was a Public Records Manager for the Department of Ecology. In this role, she successfully processed 7,000 Public Disclosure requests submitted from across 12 Western Washington counties.
In 2015, she served on the WA State ECM selection committee. In this role she established a consensus requirement for all public ECM’s to be certified compliant with DoD 5015.2. This level of protection is what resulted in selection of Laserfiche to the WA State ECM master contract.
Records Assessments • Scan and Toss • Training
William Saffady, PhD
- Joined FreeDoc® Consulting in 2017
- Former Professor of Library Sciences, Vanderbilt University
- Author of over 100 publications on Records & Information Management
- International expert on Enterprise Content Management systems
Dr. William Saffady performs top level analysis of information management policies and practices. As a worldwide authority and expert on records & information management, Dr. Saffady’s work examines the technical and system requirements for Enterprise Content Management systems (ECM).
An accomplished author of over 100 publications on information management and Professor of Library Sciences for institutions of higher learning (Long Island University, SUNY, Vanderbilt University), Dr. Saffady is dedicated to the study and application of Records Management.
Since 1976, Dr. Saffady has provided consulting services and training to government agencies, not-for-profit entities, cultural institutions, corporations, and other organizations.
- Strategic planning for governance and records management policies
- Needs assessments / gap analysis for technology implementations
- Creation of record retention schedules, with domestic & international legal research
- Analysis of privacy and data protection requirements for collection, retention, and use of personally identifiable information (PII)
- Cost analysis for specific records management initiatives
As Consultant Level 3 at FreeDoc ®, Dr. Saffady consults on records assessments, analysis and formation of ECM strategy. He conducts needs assessments, gap analysis, system requirements gathering, training and governance plans for the enterprise.
Policy & Gap Analysis • Training