Leslie Turner, CRM, CPRO, ERMp, IGp
Ms. Turner consults and provides training for best practices to manage public records. She advises agencies how to configure file plans consistent with their business processes. She also conducts Records Assessments and prepares public agencies for “Scan and Toss”, as they prepare for digital transformation. Her consulting services are done according to DoD 5015.2 Standards. In addition, her consulting follows the International Standard for Records Management, ISO 15489 Part 1 and 2. Ms. Turner joined FreeDoc® in 2017.
From From 2006 thru 2017, Ms. Turner was Program Specialist and Electronic Records Consultant to the Washington State Archives. This department holds authority for records management policies of 187 state agencies, boards, commissions and 2500 units of local government.
In 2015, Ms. Turner sat on the Washington State selection committee. This group was formed in order to award master contracts for ECM software solutions. These solutions are data driven and may be integrated with other business applications. The value of ECM is its ability to digitally manage a business processes and file the records that are created. In this role, Ms. Turner gained the consensus needed among the Washington State ECM selection committee to require DoD 5015.2 certification. This would lead to the achievement of successful selections. Because of her leadership, the master purchase contracts for ECM software solutions are certified compliant with DoD standards.
Prior to joining the Washington State Archives, Ms. Turner was a Public Records Manager for the Department of Ecology. In this role, she successfully processed 7,000 Public Disclosure requests submitted from across 12 Western Washington Counties.
Within Public Records Administration, Ms. Turner is a proven performer, and:
- ‘Subject matter expert’ on electronic records management (email, social media, text messaging, evolving technologies and “scanning and tossing”).
- Provider of lively training sessions for hundreds of enterprises and individuals on basic concepts of Records Management.
- Educator for the in-depth study of public records administration, with targeted training on such diverse topics as “Digital Hoarding” and “Disaster Recovery” protocols, practices, and policies.
- Finally, a resource for the development of individual Washington State Agency retention schedules. During that time, Ms. Turner collaborated with local retention schedule specialists to make improvements to the Washington State Common Records Retention Schedule (CORE). Her work on these schedules also included Public Utilities and Law Enforcement agencies.
She has a deep compassion for people who work in support of others. Because of Ms. Turner’s broad experience and expertise, she is a valuable asset to the FreeDoc® team.
Mark Kifowit, MA
Mr. Kifowit conducts Records Assessments to help agencies improve their operating capabilities. Once the recommendations from his assessments have been implemented, an agency is ready for successful adoption of an ECM system.
Before joining FreeDoc® , Mark was Director of Records Management for the Washington State Office of OMWBE (2014 thru 2018), and Public Disclosure Officer and Records Management Officer for Washington State Department of Corrections (2012 thru 2014). During his time in these roles, he created policies and procedures for public disclosures in response to Public Records Requests (PRR).
Because of Mr. Kifowit’s training and expertise, he is a great resource for FreeDoc® .
William Saffady, PhD
Dr. Saffady performs top level analysis of information management policies and practices. As an international expert and author of over 100 publications on information management, Dr. Saffady’s work examines the technical and system requirements for Enterprise Content Management systems (ECM). Previously, Dr. Saffady was Professor of Library Sciences at Vanderbilt University. Now, Dr. Saffady supports clients of FreeDoc® with expert consulting on Records Assessments projects, ECM selection, and gap analysis.
Dr. Saffady is a proven performer and:
- ‘Subject matter expert’ on electronic records management (email, social media, text messaging, and evolving technologies).
- Provider of training for hundreds of US and International Government agencies and individuals on all aspects of public records administration, from basic concepts to in-depth facilitation and support.
- National and International resource for development of undergraduate and post-graduate college level education on records and information management.
- International author and developer of standards for management of vital information.
- Finally, speaker in support of the baccalaureate and national certification programs for Library Sciences, Records Management, Privacy, Security and Risk.
Dr. Saffady’s extensive knowledge makes him an important asset to our clients. Through his care for others, wisdom and personal discipline, he has become a valued friend to many.